- 4 Bell Peppers of different colors
- ½ cup of chopped Fresh Thyme and Sage
- 8 ounces Ground Turkey Breast
- Olive oil spray
- ½ Apple cored, peeled and diced
- ½ Avocado
- ½ C Ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
- 4 large mushrooms chopped
- 2 Cups Fresh Basil, Cilantro, spinach and watercress
- ½ White onion
- 2 garlic cloves chopped ½ C Chopped Almonds
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 TBS Kelp
- 1 TBS Flaxseed
- ½ Tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 TBS Olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 F and spray medium size baking dish. Steam peppers for
about 10 min and prepare the stuffing. Add ground turkey breast, chopped
onion, 1 chopped garlic clove, egg whites, flaxseed, fresh thyme and sage
chopped, diced apple, mushrooms, 1 TBS kelp and cayenne pepper. Mix all
ingredients together. Cook mixture for about 15 minutes. Set aside and cool.
Then stuff the bell pepper halves and place on baking sheet. Bake for about 20-
25 min or until peppers are tender and stuffing is firmly cooked.
Pesto and Tomato Sauce: In a food processor, combine basil, cilantro, spinach, watercress, tomatoes, almonds, 1 TBS kelp and 2 TBS olive oil and blend until smooth.
Couscous: Bring ¾ C of water to a boil and add ½ C couscous stir, turn off heat, cover and let stand until all moisture is absorbed. After 5-10 min, fluff with a fork and it’s ready to serve. Serving size ½ cup.